Friday, October 12, 2007

Breaking Bad Habits.

I have really not been looking forward to trying to potty train Boston. I am actually a little terrified of it. Well the past few mornings he has woke up wet through his diaper and clothes onto his bed. This is because I let him go to bed with a sippy cup. Even though I try to regulate how much I put in the cup when he is taking a nap or going to bed it obviously isn't making that much of a difference. I was starting to notice that he wanted his cup ALL the time. He was going through 8 or more sippy cups a day cause he just wanted to sit and drink juice or milk all the time. So I decided that it was probably going to be hard enough to potty train him and that it might make it a little easier on me if I break him of taking his cup to bed at least. So all day yesterday I told him if he wanted a drink he had to come sit at the table. He didn't like that rule that much, but he complied and wasn't drinking nearly as much as normal. Then when I went to put him down for a nap he was ok until I walked out of the room and he had no juice in hand. He screamed, "what about my juice!?" I let him cry it out which was only like 15 mins. I felt really bad the whole time though. That cup is so convenient sometimes cause he goes to bed no problem at all when he has it. Then last night we tried it again, and he cried, but only for 5 minutes. I hate going through the whole, "let him cry it out..." thing. He usually goes to bed so good....so I hope it doesn't take him long to get used to it. And hopefully I will be doing myself a huge favor come a few weeks from now when I am home on maternity and trying to potty train him. I guess we will see.
I took some funny pictures of Jared and Boston yesterday. Jared had a hat on and Boston had to go find his and put his on too. He loves to be just like Jared. Too cute...







5 comments:

Stephanie Kay Moore said...

Oh best of luck Myca! haha

Tom Earl said...

Man we miss you guys!

Kacey Nielsen said...

Those pictures are awesome! great colors with the car in the background. what a stud your little kid is. Though it still cracks me up to see your face on a little boy :)

Mandi said...

Very cute. He does look like you! And I'm sure he'll act just like his dad, a great combination. I'm not sure if you ever look at our blog, but I have put lots of new pics up recently, and I hope you can stay caught up that way since it looks like it is gonna be a while til we see you guys again. I look at yours every couple days and love seeing Boston and the funny stories...those 2 are getting to be SO much alike. Wish we were closer.

Nick and Kristen Honeycutt said...

Oh my gosh- those pics of Boston and Jared are soooo cute! We want to come visit soon. Let me know when there's a good 4 days or so. Love ya!