Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My Worst Nightmare.

Last night at work my worst nightmare became my reality. As if my nursing drama wasn't enough....when I went to work last night I wanted to make sure that I pumped enough considering all the issues I have been having. I was really curious to see how much I would pump also since I nursed so much this last week I was really hoping that my milk supply would be back up. Well when I went to pump, I sat down and went to plug it in and I broke a piece off of the pump. This tiny little plastic piece on the front of the pump that the tubing connects to that may not seem like a very big deal.....oh but it so was. I couldn't pump...I tried to mess with it and see if I could at least use one side, but I was unsuccessful. So I panicked. Tears in my eyes I call Jared to see if he has any ideas. Not only am I worried about not being able to pump any milk for Tayden but I could be in a serious world of hurt by the end of the night. So I rush home in the middle of my shift and Jared tries to fix the pump but he has no luck. I start bawling....I have to go back to work. On the way back Jared called me and told me that he found the replacement part online. That still doesn't really help me for the next two days of work, but I was a little relieved to know that we could fix it. Once I got to work I started talking to Cindy about it and she brings up the fact that we are in the hospital and the NICU probably has a ton of pumps....DUH I am so retarted. I didn't even think about the family maternity center and the NICU of course they have them. So cindy pulled some strings for me and I ended up finally going over to the NICU and using one over there. THANK HEAVENS. Cindy is my superwoman.

4 comments:

Tom Earl said...

I love you Myca......

El Chidote said...

Cindy got her the pump but she wasnt the one with super glue on her hands and lips....I know kinky right????

Corbin said...

this may seem like an inappropriate time to point this out but you spelt retarded wrong... kind of ironic i guess. love you

mumovearls said...

Corbin you are a Retard!

Myca you poor girl! I love you but that was funny!-nena