Saturday, June 14, 2008

Father's Day Weekend.

Wow this has been a pretty packed weekend. It was Jared's birthday on Friday and my mom drove up to help us finish the landscaping in our backyard....yeah 4 1/2 years later. So Friday we went to the largest nursery in Boise (mom was in heaven) and picked out all the plants for the back yard. Then Friday night we went out to dinner with all the family for Jared's birthday. Saturday we got up bright and early to start planting. Who knew it would be so difficult. Our soil is like hard as rock....so let's just say it took us a lot longer than we thought. Jared worked on the fountain he was putting in the back while we planted. Between planting and dealing with our two monkeys I was receiving texts from Jared's family on Nathan and Hailey's status in the hospital...yes they had their baby yesterday. Little Sienna was 7 lbs 7 oz and I think they were just glad to finally have her here. Hailey wasn't due till the 29th, but she was just a little ready to be done (probably an understatement) and they wanted everything to time out with Nathan being home for the weekend from selling in Denver... so they did everything possible(she drank castor oil to name one) on Friday to put her into labor and after two trips to the hospital on Friday they finally kept her and she delivered her yesterday afternoon. Crazy...So we pretty much finished the backyard. We have a few more things to plant, but for the most part my mother did an amazing job helping us out. Thanks mom. We are all pooped. I am so sore from bending and squatting down and I totally got burnt even though I had sunscreen....oh well. So today we are onto the Father's day festivities. We will head out to Frogley's for dinner tonight. Happy Father's day to all the Dads in my life....
I will start with my own dad. I am definitely a Daddy's girl and have always had a special bond with my dad. I have always been able to tell him anything and have relied on him for many years for his listening ear and amazing advice. My dad is by far the most generous person I know. He has always been such a huge example to me in my life, and I know that I would not be the adult I am today without his part in raising me as a young girl and teenager. I love my dad.
Brent has also been a great Father-in-law. I really feel like he has welcomed me into the Frogley family since day one. He also has so much good advice to offer and I feel like he really taught his son what it is to be a leader and a father. I feel blessed to be apart of such a great family.
For my own husband and Father....where do I start. I feel like each day I become more and more amazed at the Father he has become. He has such a love and passion for teaching our boys and being an influence in their lives. I am amazed each day by his patience and wish that I could gain even an ounce of the patience that he has. One of my favorite things is to sit back and watch him play with Boston, or to watch Tayden's face light up when he discovers Jared in the room or hears his voice. I am so grateful to have a husband that lives up to every expectation and more that I have of him in being a Father. I truly feel blessed.
Here are a few pictures from the weekend...Tayden chillin outside while we plant.

Jared working on the fountain. All those rocks are ones we dug up in our yard...ugh!
The finished product...I think it is going to look really good when we get some plants around it.
The back area where we were planting....this was before we actually got started...just setting up.
Jared on his special Father's day today with his boys. Aren't they so stinkin cute. Love 'em.

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Yup....they are stinkin' cute. Happy Dads day Jared. We can't wait to see you guys.

Tom Earl said...

Thank you for your kind words! I love you Myca!