Monday, July 11, 2011

Birthday Boy.


Today is Boston's actual birthday. I have a whole bunch of stuff to post from our family reunion that we just got back from, but I had to do a quick post about the birthday boy.
I can't believe Boston is 6 years old now. It is amazing how quickly time passes.
I see so much of myself in Boston in appearance and personality. I really think we got ourselves a little clone of me with this one ;) That can be a good thing and and bad thing at times haha. He definitely has no patience (like myself) and is working hard everyday to try to develop some...and because of that my patience is tested. He is such a people pleaser (I am so this way and have been since I was little) . Whenever he is with his cousins or friends he wants to do whatever they want to do. He wants them to be happy and just play so he is always happy to play or do whatever they want to do. I think this can be a good thing and a bad thing. He is so non confrontational that sometimes when he really wants something or wants to do something he won't speak up cause he doesn't want to make the other person mad. Honestly though, there are times that I wish he would just stand up for himself or speak up. I want him to have confidence and his opinion and really be able to voice it.
Boston has become the sweetest brother. He is always there to be a helping hand for me when it comes to his younger brothers. He plays all day with Tayden. They pretty much spend the days together doing boy things and I love it. That's how it's supposed to be! Yes they have their moments where they really know how to push each other's buttons, but for the most part they are really best buds. When it comes to Kai, Boston is just so sweet and tender to him. He plays with him and likes to make him giggle. He knows what's good or safe for Kai and what isn't so I can really trust him and rely on him to help me out sometimes when I need Kai distracted or entertained for a little bit.
Boston is our little athletic sports boy. He loves anything outdoors and sporty. He can throw or bat a ball like a little champ (his hand eye coordination for this is pretty amazing). He is getting better at his soccer skills and can kick the ball all over. He is a pro at riding his bike now and tends to do that more often than his scooter or skateboard. He is so fast and has so much energy. One of my favorite things to do is to sit outside in the front and watch Boston "practice" with Jared in the cul de sac. I love it. He definitely has a natural athletic ability.
What I love most about Boston is his sweet spirit and love for life. He knows what it means to be a good person and to treat people kindly. In those times when he makes a mistake or stumbles off the path that he knows is right, it is so nice to sit back and watch him make decisions to get him back where he knows he's supposed to be. Of course he is just a little boy and there are always times when he says something or does something that might hurt someone's feelings, but I can see that he instantly knows when he has done that and he feels bad and wants to make it right. I LOVE that about him. I have loved being Boston's mother. He has taught me so much. I see him growing and changing so rapidly that I hope I am doing all that I can to mold him into and good, kind, loving, respectful young adult. Boston you are so special to us. We love having you in our home and apart of our family. Our life would not be the same without you!

1 comment:

Kacey Nielsen said...

I was so amazed how well Boston played with my kids. He is really a sweet little guy! What a perfect kid to have as the oldest brother.

Happy birthday Boston!