Wednesday, September 14, 2011

And So It Begins...

Boston came home from school yesterday and I went through his bag like I normally do. I pulled out all his papers, but in the midst of all his work I found a big sheet of paper that was covered in hearts with a big question mark in the middle. Hahaha I had to laugh to myself.
I yelled to Boston and had him come over to me so I could ask him about it. As soon as he got to me and saw what I was holding he got totally embarrassed. I could see it on his face. I asked him what it was and he was like, "I don't know mom. I just found it in my cubby!" I asked him who put it there, and he was like, "Mom, I don't know...it's weird." I kept trying to ask him more questions about it but he kept getting more and more embarrassed saying, "mom...stop!" I can't believe this is starting already! First grade?! So it looks like Boston has a little admirer in his class. Haha.


On a totally different note I had the WORST morning ever yesterday. I usually get home from work an hour before the boys have to be up to get ready for school. I just stay up and get their stuff ready to go. Well yesterday I was running on 4 really interrupted hours of sleep so by the time I got home on Tuesday morning I was EXHAUSTED. I decided to try and get a quick nap in before I had to get the boys up. I set my alarm and got into bed. Next thing I know I am waking up to my phone quietly chiming that I have a voicemail from my neighbor and I look at the clock and it's 9:30!! Thirty minutes after Boston is already supposed to be at school. AND I am supposed to take our neighbors little girl to preschool with Tayden as well. I panicked!! Of course the one morning I decide to lay down is the one morning that the boys don't come into my room at all to ask me for something or tell me they need something or tell me Kai is awake. I run out and the boys are playing quietly in the playroom and Kai was screaming his head off up in his room. Ugh!!I scrambled like a mad woman to get them ready and to school. Needless to say I had a bit of a break down by the time I got back home and everything calmed down. I HATE that feeling. Seriously.

2 comments:

ashleyboice said...

This same exact thing happened to me last week, but I don't work the night shift. So don't feel too bad.

Kacey Nielsen said...

I hate that feeling. It is the worst. After it is wwaayy over you can look back and realize, so they were late not that big of a deal but at the time it just is panicky and miserable.

If I were in Bostons class I would totally be writin that kid love notes, he is the cutest! If we weren't related... and I was six... and I did stuff like that (which I never did, aren't little girls so brazen these days?!)