Saturday, May 12, 2012

I Figured It Out.

Remember how I said I feel like we are so busy. I can hardly keep up with just the basics? I am exhausted, and maybe a little stressed....well this is what my weekend next week is supposed to look like. Family in town (guests staying at our house), Heidi's baby shower, rehearsal dinner for a wedding that I am in, half marathon, Boston's baseball game, wedding, Brent's retirement party, Chases farewell, and a family get together for Chase. Yeah...all that is supposed to be crammed into 3 days. I decided that something has to give, and I realized that if I am going to enjoy any of this weekend, and any of my family being here that I am going to have to skip out on running the half marathon. I know this seems like a no brainer for most people, but for some reason I was really having a hard time deciding not to do it. I have been running and training and it's been a long time since I have done just a half...so I was looking forward to doing the shorter distance and getting a good time. Originally, I had planned to do the full but had to go with the half when my friend asked me to be in her wedding. She isn't a member and if you have ever been to a non LDS wedding you know there is way more involved than just a regular member wedding. There was no way I could do the full. Well now I think there is no way I can do the half. I was upset about it at first. I may have cried a little. For some reason part of me must feel like people actually care if I run these races or do good. I know it's stupid. So for now...I am not running this race. And...I am not really sure I am going to run one any time soon. I just don't know if I can commit to HAVING to run and train. It's so different than just being able to get a quick run or work out in...and some times I hate that pressure.

No comments: