Thursday, June 28, 2012

Camping.

Jared some how managed to get two days off in a row on my days off. That never happens! So as soon as he found out we made plans to go camping. I kinda have a love hate relationship with camping. I don't really love the set-up when you get there, the bugs, really dirty kids, and most of all not sleeping in my own bed, and having the kids wake up all night, or way too early in the morning. And don't forget the massive amounts of clean up and laundry when you get home. BUT the time I get to spend one on one with my family with out the interruptions of our busy life is invaluable. The weather was perfect and the mountains were beautiful. My kids were in heaven.  I am so glad that we went. The first night when I tucked the boys into bed (in the sweet tent trailer with borrowed from Frogley's!) Tayden looked up at me and said, "today was SO awesome..." I love that.
We had Corbin with us which made it even funner for us. I love my brother so much and I love any time I can get with him. We managed to throw in a hike up to the waterfall while we were there (Kai pretty much hiked the WHOLE trail, he was a champ), swimming in the reservoir, and lots sitting around and chatting. Travis and September came up really late the last night we were there and then we left the next afernoon pretty early. It was nice to get a little time with them, but I wish we had gotten more.
On the drive home, the road was pretty windy, and KAI GOT CARSICK and started barfing every where. It was a bit of a disaster, but he was totally fine afterwards.  Even with that I was still glad we went ;)




This picture is blurry, but I love how corbin is genuinely smiling...and you can see Kai's little stank face. Oh that boy...

We made some mean dutch oven pizzas. I thought they were really yummy. That's my kind of camping food. :)


No comments: