Monday, April 01, 2013

Catching Up.

I'm wondering if this is what life is going to be like for a while? :) Catching up. I haven't blogged anything in the last two or three weeks. I feel like things are so so busy. I have tons of pictures on my phone and no real pictures on my camera. It's just so much easier and quicker because I always have my phone on me. I need to get better about using my camera though. Maybe once Demry gets a little older it will be easier.
Basically the last few weeks have been lots and lots of family time. I haven't really even left the house until this last week because it was spring break. The weather was great so we tried to spend as much time outside as we could. We went to the park a few times and played outside a bunch.

Demry is doing great, and so far (knock on wood) so am I. I am pretty much feeling normal with just a few hints of sad days here and there. I am hoping it stays that way (my postpartum didn't kick in until week 5ish with Kai). My milk seems to be doing ok too. Demry's weight was down in the beginning so we had a second weight check when she was like a week and a half and she had gained almost back up to her birth weight and the doctor was happy with that, but just be sure (because of my history with milk problems) he wanted to see her back in two weeks which was today. Her weight was up by almost 20 oz. (she was 8 lbs 14 oz) which was awesome. The doctor was super happy and totally surprised that I wasn't having to supplement at all. It was a good feeling. I will say that I have to feed her often to get her satisfied. She likes to cluster feed....like every hour (which really means like every half hour once you have finished nursing), two or three times before she is actually content and then she will nap. I think it's because I probably don't produce enough at one time so it takes her nursing two or three times to actually get full. That's ok with me. Maybe my milk will actually catch up by doing that. I am just trying not to stress or worry about it this time. If it gets to the point where she isn't getting enough then I will just start supplementing. I have come to realize that I just really have no control over it and I can't let it consume me. It's not the end of the world if I have to supplement...or stop nursing all together.

Anyway here is  picture OVERLOAD from my phone. Mainly of Demry... haha.









 One night of spring break we had some burgers with Grandma and Grandpa Frogley. I think it was the first night I took Demry anywhere other than that doctor.

 This picture shows just how dark Demry is. Her coloring is a lot like Boston's was. I am wondering if she is going to stay this dark and keep her dark hair? The pictures below are Boston cause we think her face is changing and looking more like Boston's did when he was first born.


 Homemade pizzas and board games with Gma and Gpa. We spent a lot of one on one time with them and it was really great. Grandma had to get her baby time in. :)

 Her first day to church was Easter Sunday. She did great and it was fun to dress her up. Not so fun to try and get myself dressed. :)

 Proof that we did celebrate Easter, and then a night a the park with cousins during spring break.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

SO excited for the catch up! Ive been wondering how its been going over there! The leap from 3 to 4 terrifies me but youre giving me hope :) (Im still 99.9% done with babies- but you know, just in case in 6 years I have a random craving for gaining 60 pounds and losing my mind!)

If things start to feel like they are sliding out of control just start marching those boys over here!
And Im SO glad that nursing is cooperating. Nothing is more stressful than that.

Demry is SO darling. and SO little. Please make Jared take you out on a date some night when your mom cant babysit so I can! Id love to sit and rock her for 2 straight hours.

Looking forward to our driveway summer...its just around the corner!