Sunday, February 07, 2016

Keeping up.

I am beginning to realize how difficult it is for me to keep up with everything. The house, the kids, the laundry, cooking, cleaning, my BLOG. So I am going to have to keep this short. The twins are growing like little weeds, but still keeping us up a lot at night. I was trying to do all the night feedings myself, but I just wasn't getting any sleep. They are really fussy after they eat at night so it takes a good chunk of time to get them back to sleep. I stopped nursing this week because it was just too hard. Jared has started getting up with me again because it was just too much. I appreciate him doing that even though he has to get up for work. He is the best. I hit a major low in the middle of the week after having been up all night and I was just exhausted. He knew it, but couldn't get away from work so he text Lynae Hymas without me knowing and asked if she could come help me. She showed up at the house right after I got the kids off to school and when she told me that Jared had asked her I just started bawling. She was a total answer to prayers that day. She sat up with the twins so I could nap and then when I got up she helped me feed them, and then took Kai and Demry for the afternoon. Bless her heart. I realized that day that I have to change my attitude and stop praying for more sleep and start praying that I will be able to function and manage with the little sleep I am getting. Already I feel a difference in how I get through the day. It is amazing how just saying, "ok I am not going to focus on the negative or complain about how little sleep I am getting." can really make a difference in how you feel. We have had so much help from the ward it's amazing. It has been almost six weeks and we just finished up getting meals. That has helped so much. One sister stopped by one morning as I was nursing the twins and just came in and said, "I am going to clean your kitchen if that's ok?" Seriously, so amazing haha. I have had multiple people offer to take kids or come sit with the twins so I could nap and it has just been so humbling to see how much people are willing to help. We are blessed.

No comments: