Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Happy Late Father's Day!






So I know this is a little late, but better late than never right? I have been so turned around and busy with my new work schedule that Father's day came and went just like that. So I will start with my Daddy. He has been the best dad in the whole world. I am such a Daddy's girl it's not even funny. I can remember growing up that I wasn't ever afraid of making my dad mad or getting in trouble with him. I was afraid of dissapointing him....it was cause I cared so much about making him proud. I am so lucky to have had someone like him that I could always talk to and I knew that he would always trust me. I am pretty sure he knows me better than I know myself. I remember he made me a bet right before I graduated from high school that I could have a new car of my choice if I wasn't married before the age of 20. Hahaha....he knew he was safe from that bet, and he would never have to buy me a car. I thought "oh no problem....there is no way I will be married in two years..." then 6 months later there I was married. My dad knows me....he gets me.

Now for my new dad. Brent is one of the most awesome people I know. I can truly say that he has adopted me as his own. I know that he has had to do that a few times seeing that he has four older boys really close in age....and I must say he has been a pro at it. He has always been full of wisdom and such great advice. He really is an awesome dad and took such good care of me and Boston while Jared was deployed.

Jared....the father of my little boy and little one on the way. What can I say? I have been so blessed in my life to have met the man of my dreams. I was so young.... and he was there just waiting for me. He is truly my best friend.....and I know that he loves me more than any man ever could. He makes me feel so adored. One of the things that I love most about him is that he is such a good dad. I saw that really early on with Jared because he has so many younger siblings, and cousins. I was amazed at how good he was with kids and how much they loved to be with him. It was so hard that we had to go so long without him home. The first year and a half of boston's life Jared was gone, and I just waited for the day when he would get to come home and be a husband and dad again. Now that he is home I just sit back every day and just watch him with boston. He AMAZES me. He is so patient and loving. He is so much fun too. Boston gets so excited when jared comes home. They run around and wrestle. I just smile every time I see them because I see how happy boston is. Plus Jared is teaching him so much. He speaks spanish to him everyday and boston is already speaking spanish back to him. He will walk around all day speaking english to me and the second jared walks in the door he starts speaking spanish. It is so awesome. I just can't wait to see what is in store with this next baby because he will actually get to be here, and experience all the "firsts" that he missed with Boston....and I will just get to sit back and watch him enjoy it. I love this man. He is so perfect for me in everyway. How did I get so lucky?

2 comments:

Samantha said...

myca i am so happy that you are so happy. I loved seeing the picture of tom and i'm so glad jared rocks your world. You sound really happy.

mumovearls said...

I love that you are happily married and to a man who loves you in return.
IF i could wish for any thing for you that would be it. Lucky us!-n