Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I'm Leavin...

I feel like I need to jot a few things down before we leave this week for the Bergquist (becky's family) reunion.
1. I don't know when Boston became so naughty, but he definitely hasn't been himself lately...I feel like I am dealing with a snotty teenager with tons of attitude. He has begun to say things to me on a regular basis that usually sound something like, "I not going to talk to you!" or "I don't want to yisten!" "I alweady did!" or "I not gonna go to my woom!"
Today I was in Walmart and he would not stop throwing things out of my cart. It was really making me just a little angry. When we were done I got all the way out to the car to realize that he had taken his shoes off and thrown them some where in Walmart. I could have strangled him...It also has become a regular routine to have to force him to eat something...anything....two days ago when we put him to bed we realized that the only thing he had really eaten all day was a granola bar and a handful of chips. Nice...we are starving our child.
2. I almost vomited when I went to pick up my normal birth control prescription (instead of the mini pill) today and he told me it was sixty dollars! WHAT THE?! Yeah my insurance doesn't cover any birth control...I have been paying thirty a month for the mini pill....which is what my normal birth control used to cost. So what am I supposed to do?
3. Tayden is sweet but he has begun to freak out anytime he sees me in the room and I don't pick him up or I walk away. He also will not nap unless he is at home...yeah gonna make for a nice trip. I think three days this last week he went the ENTIRE day with no nap because we were out doing stuff and he wouldn't just give in and go to sleep....which meant I held him the whole day cause he would FREAK if I put him down.....he has to be in his bed. Ugh.
4. Now to what has really been weighing on my mind. I feel like life is so fragile....we had the recent tragedy of losing Aunt Tami, and around the same time we found out that Bob had cancer. The good news is that they went in and operated on Bob and the cancer had not spread one bit and they were able to remove the tumor and he is cancer free....without having to do chemo or radiation...pretty awesome huh. Then last week we found out that Jared's youngest Uncle Bryce has lymphoma. My heart is so heavy for Becky and her family....they have experienced some serious trials in their family....they lost their mom to cancer when she was in her 50's. Then Uncle Barry died three years ago when he was only in his 30's...he had melanoma. And now there is Uncle Bryce. I don't even really know what else to say....I feel blessed to be at the place I am in my life and just realize that I can't take anything for granted. Life is so fragile...

2 comments:

mumovearls said...

1.Boston is just testing the waters, My kids always are throwing things out of the cart @ Walmart... that's why I now make the trip by my self late at night...
2.Tayden give that fat baby a kiss for me.
3. Look at getting an IUD instead It's so much cheeper... we'll talk...
4.Jared we will keep Bryce in our prayers, We love you guys!
5.Have fun at the Reunion. -Nena

Mandi said...

Amen to Nena. Marlee has been doing the same thing lately. I dunno maybe the last 2 weeks or so, SO not herself. She has been a totaly naughty body. The IUD thing is a good idea too...... and I am sorry for the bad news...I know as well as anyone. First my grandma and then my dad, but everything happens for a reason and we love you. Hang in there and tell Becky they are in our prayers.
Mandi