Sunday, February 08, 2009

This weekend...

Ok so there is really no theme to this post, but there were a few things that I wanted to note from the weekend....
Jared came home on Friday night and I had planned dinner instead of us going out. We ate and then took the boys and got movies and ice cream....yum. It seems to be our thing now....to watch a movie both nights that Jared is home on the weekend. We put the boys down and then it's our time to watch a good flick. It's funny cause we got rid of our netflix a while ago because we would have movies sitting around for months and not watch them...I guess it was cause we went out and hung out with people on the weekends, but now that Jared is only home for the two days we just like to stay home and watch a good show. Both movies we rented SUCKED....seriously. It was ok though...so we decided to sign back up for netflix. At the rate we are renting movies we would save some money...and that way we would be sure to get the ones we really want.

Saturday I got up and did a mini triathalon with September and Hailey. It was really fun. We had planned to do it as a team/re-lay a while ago and then when we went to sign up it was full....so I had just kinda written it off. Well we were on a waiting list and ended up getting in. Hailey did the swim part which was 1/2 mile (18 laps/36 legs)....she was awesome. She did it in 16 mins and 45 seconds. Then September did the bike part which was 10 miles and she did it 30 mins and 40 seconds. I finished with the run part...it was 4 miles and I was thinking that I was gonna suck it up cause I hadn't really run since our half marathon...but I was so proud of myself I finished in 35 mins which means my pace was like 8:30 min per mile. It kicked my butt to run it that fast and I felt a little sick when I was done, but it was awesome. The whole time I was running I didn't have a clock or my ipod tracker set up to know how fast I was going and I wanted to be sure that I least was running a 9 min mile so I just busted through it. We don't know how we placed because we didn't want to wait around for awards, but it was just really fun to do it all together and cheer each other on. My quads are so sore today....

Jared's parents and Travis and September's ward split again this weekend and we just found out that Brent got called to be the first counselor in the new bishopric....crazy but exciting for them.

When Boston was little I would have never dared go into his room at night to check on him...I was too afraid of waking him up....but for some reason since Jared has been gone I can't go to bed without checking in on Tayden. I know that after I put him down for bed he gets up and moves around. Every time I go in there after he is asleep, he is all turned around and on top of the covers...so I just go in and make sure he is covered and warm. Plus he is so cute when he is asleep. Saturday I put him down and then an hour later I went up there to tuck him in and cover him before Jared and I started our movie. I quietly opened the door and took a few steps into his pitch black room. I had my cell phone ready to use as a light to peek in on him in his crib, but as I took another step I heard some wrestling around in his crib. I bent down to the floor to be more sneaky and froze for a second to listen...nothin. I thought he must have been moving around in his sleep to get comfortable. So I crawled the rest of the way over to the crib and slowly stood up. I pulled my cell phone out and pushed the button for some light and there was Tayden standing there hanging onto the crib rail with a big smile on his face. He must have been watching me that whole time cause you know his eyes were adjusted to the dark. I mean, he was in there for an hour....he was probably wondering what the heck I was doing crawling across the floor. What's even funnier about it is that he was totally quite while I did it. Too funny. I just had to laugh....and lay him down and tuck him back in. When I told Jared he totally made fun of me. He was like, "there you were all ninja like on the floor and Tayden is standing there in his crib like what is mom doing on my floor..." I am such a dork.

That's all for now...

5 comments:

Anna Beal said...

You are so funny! But I bet you a million that you are NOT the only mom that does EXACTLY that! I used to try with my little Mycah, but she's WAY too light of a sleeper and then gets really upset if I try to make her go back down, so I totally gave that up. And look at you supermom...running?? I need some of your drive.

Kacey Nielsen said...

That is an awesome ninja mom story. And congrats on the run! Jon is obsessed with running and he was very impressed with your time.

Tom Earl said...

Great update! I wish you guys were here in Playa!

Kim said...

I love picturing that! ha ha.

Cali said...

I love your stories.