Sunday, May 24, 2009

Our New Ward.

When Jared and I moved into our first house it took me forever to feel like I really fit into our ward and had some close friends in the ward...actually to be honest I really never felt like I had any CLOSE friends. I don't know if it had something to do with the fact that Jared was gone, and I was totally out of my comfort zone being all by myself with a baby or if it was just the ward, but this time around as been a totally different experience. I am already feeling like there are a handful of girls that I could be awesome friends with...and what makes it even better is that their husbands are great as well. We finally got together about a week ago with our neighbors across the street. Gabe and Christy are a sweet fun couple that are hilarious to spend time with. They have an adorable little 10 month old girl Bridgette that my boys just love. We had a BBQ with them and some other couples from the ward, and since then we have gotten together with them several times just to hang. This weekend they borrowed a projector from their parents and we set it up in the back yard and put our kids to bed and had some late night movie watching...it was so much fun. The funniest part about it is that Boston has become obsessed with Gabe. Funny right? Every morning he wakes up he is like, " Mom I really want to go over and say hi to Gabe..." Or whenever we are there he follows him around and likes to help him do stuff. It is so funny....although I am praying that he doesn't drive Gabe nuts!
Anyway it is so nice to feel like we are getting to know these couples from our ward, and even more like I am developing some awesome friendships with such great girls. Oh and I can't forget....on another side note....one of the girls (and her husband) that we have spent some time with and actually have had a blast with is Amy. Amy was Jared's high school girlfriend for quite some time. I don't know if she "waited" for him on his mission, but she was here when he got home. Things didn't work out and that was that. The first week we went to our new ward her husband had just been baptized and was being confirmed a new member. We were kind of a little shocked that Amy and her husband were it our ward...what are the chances of that? Awkward you say? Not at all. She is so sweet and fun that we don't even think about it. I asked Jared if it was weird for him for all of us to hang out and he was like, "no...that was so long ago.. we both have kids now....I don't even really think about it." It is so funny because I feel like I really know a lot about Amy already though from everything Jared has told me and from ALL the pcitures he had of her. We were cleaning the garage out last night before we went across the street to watch a movie and I found a huge box of pictures from Jared's high school years. The majority of them had Amy in them....prom....choir trips.... We were laughing so hard...I had to take some over to show Christy and Gabe...needless to say word got to Amy about the pictures and she had to come and laugh about it with me at church today. Such a small world. Anyway I am so glad to feel like we are making such good friends. I will have to take some pictures next time we all get together so you can see all these people I am talking about....I am sure you will be hearing about them a lot more. :)

4 comments:

Cali said...

I am so happy for you. It really gives you a sense of community to have an awesome ward with people who will be there for you. Like how we grew up, right?

Kacey Nielsen said...

good ward friends are the greatest! How funny that Amy is in your ward. yay for friends!

Anna Beal said...

I wouldn't worry about Gabe too much. The kids ALL love him!!! There is just something about him that makes kids want to be around him. I'm so glad you are getting to know them. We think they're pretty awesome too :)

Brandon & Amber said...

Hey I love your pictures. I am glad that you guys are in the ward! We have had a hard time in our other wards but there are so many fun people in this one its great! Hope you guys can come this weekend!