Tuesday, March 12, 2013

She's Here!

Wednesday night I got a call from labor and delivery saying that they were really full and there was a chance I might get bumped for my induction to Friday. They wanted me to call early Thursday morning before I actually came in to make sure that I could still come. I was really hopeful that I wouldn't get bumped because I was just really ready to have this baby....even though I was feeling pretty crappy. I went to bed really early Wednesday night and took lots of meds to help me sleep. I actually slept pretty good until about four in the morning and then I woke up and started getting anxious wondering if they were going to bump me or not. I had to wait until almost six to call in. It was torture :). I made the call and they said I was ok to come. I was so happy.
I got in and got situated. They poked me four times trying to get an IV. I was really dehydrated from being so sick. I hadn't really eaten or drank much the day before so that really didn't help with getting an IV. Once they did they hooked me up to the pitocin and started me pretty low on a 2 or 3. I labored from about 8:30 till noon. And the crazy part was that I wasn't dying. Not even a little bit. I mean the contractions were a little uncomfortable, but usually they start me on the pit and I am begging for an epidural (not really) within a few hours. I was wondering if they contractions were really doing anything. Well, without checking me the nurse encouraged me at that point to get my epidural because my Dr. was coming to break my water and that usually always brings more pain. So I agreed. I got my epidural. It was a pretty smooth process, and she was able to administer is really slowly with a low dose because I wasn't dying in pain. It was nice. I wasn't crazy numb and it came on really slowly. With that being said, it still made my blood pressure tank, which made me really sick. So I had to lay flat for a bit and get some zofran on board to help. Once that kicked in I was great. Shortly after my Dr. came in to break my water and check me. Sure enough I was only at a 3. I had only dilated 1 cm in almost 4 hours. Great. My dr. was actually pleased though because there had been a scheduling error and she had to go assist in an operation and she wanted to be able to do that and then come back and deliver my baby. She told me she didn't want to tell me that I couldn't have my baby today haha. So basically she wanted things to go slow....although had they done things at a regular pace from the beginning I probably could have already had her before she even needed to go operate, but whatever. So they set me up to labor nice and slow with the pit pretty low hoping that my Dr. would be able to make it back with plenty of time. They even had to totally stop the pit a couple times because they baby wasn't liking it. Another 3 or 4 hours went by and my nurse finally came in to check me since my Dr. was done and available again. I looked and Jared and told him I didn't think I had progressed any more. I could tell. Even with an epidural you can tell when the contractions are really strong and doing something. You can feel the pressure, and I just wasn't really feeling that. Sure enough, I was only a 4! I was beginning to think I was going to be there all night. So she finally cranked the pit up and that's when I could tell it was really doing something. I went from a 4 to an 8 in about 45 minutes. They called my Dr. and by they time she got there I was basically ready to push. I only had to push through three contractions and our little girl was here. She was sideways though so she kinda got stuck and I ended up tearing a little more than anyone would like to (tmi?). Anyway, it was by far my most relaxed and least painful labor. I think it was probably a good thing that I didn't labor really hard in the beginning and that I got my epidural pretty early because I went into the delivery feeling pretty sick still, and not even close to a hundred percent. I think it all happened like that for a reason and I am glad.
Demry Valentine Frogley was born at 7:16 pm. She was 7 lbs 12 oz (our biggest) and 21 1/4 inches long. Lots of people have been asking about the name. I just heard Demry some where I think from a friend and I really liked it. We have wanted to use Valentine since we found out it was a girl because it is a family name. I think it's my dad's grandmothers name? Or maybe his great grandmother's I can't remember.
We love love her to pieces. From the second she was born she wanted to nurse. I am not kidding. Within minutes from being born she was rooting around and turning her head. She literally nurse the entire first night. At one point, after I had let her nurse for over an hour straight from about 3:15 in the morning till 4:30 I finally called my nurse and asked for a binky. That binky saved my life haha. She really just wanted to be sucking all the time.
We came home the next day. We just really wanted to be in our own home and our own beds...even if we were coming home to sick kids. PS the clinic called me on Friday while I was in the hospital to tell me that Tayden's culture came back positive for strep and he would need an antibiotic. Duh. I wished they would have listened to me when I took him in two days earlier, but they didn't.
Now we are home and soaking up every baby cuddling minute we can. I really just want to freeze time. I can't get enough of this sweet little baby. Life is good.
All these picture were taken with my phone. I have gotten so bad about not taking out my camera.

 Demry's bili is still high. We had to take her in to the hospital the next two days after we went home to have it checked. It was still going up the last time we had it checked, but she isn't going to be seen till tomorrow now. I hope it is down so they don't have to treat her for it.
 Kai has been acting just a little jealous. This day I literally cuddled with Demry all day. He finally climbed up and grabbed my hand and wanted to hold it like this. It was so cute.


A Bug's Life said...

congratulations myca and family! We are glad she is here safe and sound. She is so sweet. Daishan

Kacey Nielsen said...

Congratulations! Love a good birth story! Kiss that sweet little girl for me!

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

She is beautiful!! Congrats on getting your girl!!!

Christy said...

I knew she would be gorgeous and SHE IS! That girl gives me baby fever!

linds said...

Congrats to you guys! So happy for you! Soak it up because it goes way too fast! Let me know whenever you need anything.