Wednesday, November 05, 2014

The "New" Truck.

So several months ago we had a family get together and Nathan and Hailey happened to be in town. When we all met up Nathan rolled up in his HUGE lifted diesel truck. Instantly all the guys where "smitten" (to say the least) over Nathan's truck. Seriously, Jared immediately told him if he ever wanted to sell it that he wanted it. He was like in LOVE with the truck. I didn't think anything of it cause I figured Nathan had just gotten it and wouldn't sell it any time soon. Well fast forward just a few months and Nathan mentioned to Jared that he was going to sell the truck. WHAT? So I knew I was in trouble. Jared couldn't stop talking about the truck and I knew he really wanted it. The thing was...he had a PERFECT truck. I loved his truck. It was so well taken care of. He had done everything to it that he wanted and it was PAID FOR. Really there was no reason to get rid of it. BUT Jared really wanted Nathan's truck. And I really just like it when my husband is happy. And he works really hard for our family. So I didn't fight him on the getting the Truck even though I didn't think it was the best decision. So he sold his truck in two seconds and got a really good amount for it (I'll give him that) and then he pulled the boys out of school a week or so later to go on an adventure to pick up the new truck. The boys loved it and Jared loved his new truck. :) Well not even three weeks later I was trying to get a hold of Jared one day and he wasn't answering his phone. He finally answered and I asked him where he was and he told me he was sitting on the side of the freeway and had just gotten in an accident. I thought he was joking. I asked him like three times if he was serious. Unfortunately, he wasn't joking. Luckily, he was ok, but I could tell he was really upset. I rushed over to find him because his truck wasn't drivable. He told me he was merging onto the freeway, and out of nowhere a huge flat bed semi started to cross over into his lane almost like he didn't see Jared. I have no idea how he couldn't have seen him, but Jared swerved a little bit, but the semi just kept coming. He was so close that Jared said if he had tried to stop and break the semi's bed would have hit him and probably made him roll, so instead he accelerating hoping to miss him. When he accelerated and swerved to miss the semi he lost control of the truck and slammed into the cement wall. AND THE SEMI DIDN'T STOP. It happened so fast that Jared didn't get a license plate number (which is so no like him). The airbag deployed, there was smoke everywhere in the cab, the front windshield shattered, and the whole front bumper went flying over the overpass. Boo. Like I said, things could have been much worse. He wasn't injured. We have good insurance. AND THEY DON'T HAVE TO TOTAL THE TRUCK. Sigh of relief. So you can imagine how I was a little ticked off initially seeing how I didn't really want him to get the truck in the first place haha. But it all is going to work out and the truck will be good as new in a couple weeks. Yay.






No comments: