Friday, July 08, 2016

Twinnies are 6 months.

I can't believe these babies are six months old. I feel horrible saying it, but I feel like I am finally starting to enjoy them. Not that I haven't loved them from the second they were born, but it has been so crazy it was all I could do to just survive. These first six months have been one of the hardest things I have ever done.  It seems like all the sudden things are getting better now and I can actually like really soak it in a little more. They are so much fun. They are so giggly and ticklish. They are both sitting up and are totally sleeping through the night. I am teaching them how to hold their bottles when they want to eat, and I have started working on getting them to nap better during the day and I see improvement almost everyday. Which means they are HAPPIER. Irie is still by far the more high maintenance of the two of them. She is impatient and finicky. She has found her voice though and loves to scream to get your attention and has been saying "da da da" so much these days. It is the cutest. And of course Jared loves it...even if she doesn't know what she's saying haha. Indie is way more chill. She is happy and definitely more patient than her sister. She is SO CHUBBY. She is weighing in at 17 lbs 8 oz and Irie is 16 lbs 5 oz. It is amazing how many more rolls she has just from that extra pound haha! I started trying to feed them solids, but they really weren't impressed with the baby food. So I have been offering them real food and they love it. It is so cute to see them mow it down. They are both kinda obsessed with me. I have never had a baby ( or any kid) want me over Jared and they both do! If I am playing with one more than the other or even talking to one more the other one will get whiny until I look at her and give her attention. Or even if I am holding one and Jared is holding the other she will fuss because I don't have her or I am not paying attention to her. It is kinda funny. Anyway,  we love these delicious squishy babies.






1 comment:

Moses Lake Temple Project said...

Myca, your family is darling. I'm so proud of you (and grateful to you) for being such an incredible mom . . . and keeping a record of it is a great bonus.