Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Spring Break and More.

This spring break was pretty chill. It was ruined by the sucky weather at the end of the week. We made the most of it anyway. We had a movie night with the boys, went out to icecream one night, but the highlight of the week was going up to the hot springs. We were lucky to go on one of the nice days. We took a picnic dinner up with us and carpooled up with Brandon and Jenny's group. The kids had a blast. I love having them home with no schedule. It makes me excited for the summer.



I have been working really hard on changing things up and challenging myself since I had Demry. I don't have a gym membership so I have only been doing it with what I have available in our own gym at home. We do have quite a bit of stuff, but I am limited in some ways too. Anyway, this means that I have to workout with my kids around which can be difficult especially with Demry. Sometimes the end of my workout ends up with me on the treadmill or elliptical with Demry in my arms. haha.  I have decided too that sometimes getting some cute new workout clothes (for cheap!) can help to push me to workout when I am not feeling too motivated.

6 comments:

Anna Beal said...

You look amazing! I did p90x last year and never looked that good. Of corse I wasn't strict with my diet either. What I really want to know is what are you eating? I am doing p90x again right now and want better results, but I know THAT stomache doesn't come from workouts alone. Are you taking any supplements or using a particular protien? Spill it girl ;) You look awesome! If you are eating anything you want I say bah ;)

El Chidote said...

Hahaha Anna you are funny. Yes a lot of it is about your diet. Initially when I started lifting after I had demry I was just eating clean and trying to make sure I ate enough protein. Now I keep closer track of what I am eating as far as my macros and calories go, but because of that I feel like I can eat more of the things I like. I drink a protein shake after every workout. I usually try and look for one that has at least 25-30 grams of protein per serving and that is lower in fat.

Myca said...

Oh that comment was obviously from me not jared haha

myca

Myca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna Beal said...

I figured it was you. There are so many different protien shakes. The one offered by beach body is way too expensive so I just use some cheap stuff from Costco. So what are macros? I am at such a loss on how to eat clean. I'm getting really tired of my usual and need ideas that are easy. Do you just grill meat and throw in a veggie? I know. So many questions ;)

Myca said...

Macros are what make up your calories. So your protein, carbs, and fats essentially. When you are eating clean you want to try and eat as natural and unprocessed as you can basically. So yes lots of fruits and veggies, whole grain complex carbs, healthy fats from nuts, avacado, and olive oil. I don't do the whole lean meat and veggie thing too often any more because that gets really old. That's why I track my macros these days because I feel like it allows me to eat clean and healthy 80-90 percent of the time and then I can still enjoy some of the not so healthy processed stuff. :) But when I wasn't tracking, yes I did a lot of that...lean protein, veggie, complex carb and then incorporated healthy fats as well.