Saturday, July 05, 2014

4th of July!

Jared had a few days off for the 4th of July weekend so we decided to make the most of it. We were going to go camping but quickly realized that there were no open camping spots any where. Duh. So the first day we went and rented some paddle boards (with Brandon and Jenny's group, and Mikael and Jenna's group) and went paddle boarding at Quinn's pond. It was really fun. Except for that moment went Demry bolted from me and ended up tumbling face first down the embankment into a rocky pond. Yeah not my finest moment. She has some lovely roadrash on her face to show for it. We ended up finding a rope swing afterwards and we all jumped in. The boys didn't even hesitate. It was so fun. For the fourth we hung out with some friends from our ward. It was fun, but weird to not be with family. We always spend the holidays with family so it just felt very different.  I had red, white, and blue clothes for everyone, but Demry so I was just going to dress her in whatever. But then I found one blue shirt I remembered she had, and pulled out some old leggings that were not even her size and she looked so cute. AND THEN I realized that we were totally matching. Haha twinners. Saturday we got up and loaded up all the bikes and went for a ride on the greenbelt. It was so much fun. I pulled Demry and Kai and the rest of us rode. Tayden did so good for really just getting the hang of riding his bike. We stopped half way and ate lunch and took a break and then rode back. It was about 6 or 7 miles total! It was so hot we all jump in the river to cool off when we were done. The boys went completely under in the freezing cold river water. I couldn't believe it. I love weekends like this where we get some good quality time in. It makes for the best memories.








No comments: