Monday, June 29, 2015

Tender Mercies.

A few days after I found out I was pregnant with twins I was still really trying to process everything. I think I felt every possible emotion but what I settled on was fear and self doubt. How in the world could I take care of TWO new babies at once and still meet the needs of my other children? I was really feeling scared that I wouldn't be up to the task and it would be too much for me. I prayed that I would have peace and be able to step up to the task before me. It was a saturday afternoon and Jared was at guard. I had to take all the kids grocery shopping which is totally crazy sometimes. I had this huge cart of groceries and four kids hanging off my cart and I made way to check out. As I finished paying for all my groceries the cashier looked at me and said, "Your children are so well behaved. Good job mom." At that moment I knew the Lord had put that woman in my life that day. It was like he was telling me, "You can do this. I trust you. Everything is going to be ok." It was definitely a tender mercy from the Lord that I needed at that time. I walked out of the grocery store with tears in my eyes and quietly cried the whole way home feeling so touched and comforted by the spirit.

No comments: