Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Little Bit of May

The last week of April Jared was going to be gone at a shooting competition for the military. I was really not looking forward to it. It was the first time I would be totally on my own since having the twins and my parents were going to be gone too. I was worried about how I would survive. Luckily Becky SAVED me and came over every single day after work and STAYED THE NIGHT and helped me through the night. I am so glad she did because the twins were horrible that week. I was used to getting up by myself at night so I thought I didn't need her. Everyday I would tell her she could go,but she would insist on just staying the night. They were so off  at night there was no way I could have done it alone. I think she was inspired haha.  I didn't realize it at the time, but they were getting sick and they just weren't eating or sleeping well at all. Finally the day Jared got home I took them to the dr. and he put them on an antibiotic. Then two days later Kai, Demry, and Tayden got sick as well. The dr. didn't even want to risk the twins getting something else or more so he put them all on antibiotics haha. I feel like the last several weeks have been SO HARD, but I am finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. The twins are eating a little bit better now that they aren't so sick and we started sleep training them ( something I never had to do with my others) and I think they are FINALLY figuring it out. It was funny because one night I think I slept through the monitor or turned it off in my sleep, but I didn't wake up till 7:00 am and the twins were crying and I realized my monitor was off. It was the first time in MONTHS I had slept more than 3 hours at a time. I told my dr. and he laughed and said something like, "and they were still alive?! haha" He basically said it was time to start letting them cry more at night and that they didn't need to be eating and that they were training me! Since then I haven't been getting up with them when they wake and they are putting themselves back to sleep without eating!! I think we might finally be getting some where. They still don't sleep great during the day, but I feel like I can manage it better when I feel like I am rested.
OTher great news- Jared got promoted! Yay finally!
Boston is amazing and helps me so much. I love that boy. It's like all the sudden one day he felt more like my buddy or best friend than he did one of my babies. Crazy.
I had a wonderful Mother's day.












No comments: